Happy to announce that I have officially published my first book titled HIS WORDS. HIS EMPIRE. HIS REIGN – now available on Amazon. Few words can truly describe the feeling – of being so raw and honest and vulnerable on paper – but that’s always been the beauty of poetry – it speaks for you and through you. Years of writing summarized in a few pages. Emotional roller-coasters and flowery sentences. Personification of the human soul and experience.
All on paper.
Get yourself a copy 🙂
Wear my poetry.
On your skin.
Recite parts of me.
On your stretch marks.
Carry my sensuality.
On your tongue.
Only about us.
Of my Ubuntu lips.
In every line.
Surprise me …
Tell your father you aren’t his.
Pack your belongings.
In every crevice.
As you fold.
Like my body.
Drown in me.
In every rhyme.
Wait for me.
On Beale Street.
Trace your ears.
One last time.
Tell your mother.
I am coming.
To take you home.
To whatever gods inspired this list, I am forever indebted.
- The Thing Around Your Neck – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Americanah – Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie
- Questions For Ada – Ijeoma Umebinyuo
- Half Of A Yellow Sun – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe
- We Should All Be Feminists – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Born A Crime – Trevor Noah
- Dear Ijeawele – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Homegoing – Yaa Gyasi
- Nervous Conditions – Tsitsi Dangarembga
- 12 Rules Of Life – Jordan Peterson *
- Woman At Point Zero – Nawal El Saadawi
– Currently reading ‘The Thing Around Your Neck’ – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.